From: "Con.Traas" <con.tr...@ul.ie>
Date: 03/02/2017  10:35 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: 'Apple-Crop discussion list' <apple-crop@virtualorchard.com>
Subject: Re: [Apple-Crop] sprayer calibration debate

Hello John,
I think it is a little tricky to make a formula, so I have made up a simple
Excel spreadsheet.
If you are dealing with trees at 18 x 8 as you say, then you would drive 2408
feet to spray your acre of 331 trees (8 feet x 331 trees = 2645 feet - I have
adjusted your figure of 300 per acre to 331 as that is how many trees you will
get per acre at your selected spacing). As a mile is 5280 feet, you are driving
0.50 miles to the acre.
So if you are driving at 2.4mph (for example), it will take you 12.5 minutes to
spray your acre. (0.46/2.4*60)
And if you are spraying 9 gallons per minute (for example), your gallons per
acre would be 112.7

Con (Cornelius) Traas
Department of Biological Sciences, (and The Apple Farm)
University of Limerick.
Ph: 061-202905
M: 086-6091998