thanks to all for helping with my calibration.

john

On 3/2/2017 10:19 AM, Jon Clements wrote:
You can look at the third item here to do exactly what you want I think:

http://fruitadvisor.info/tfruit/clements/trvcalculator.html

Jon

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:15 AM, John Bruguiere <j...@dickiebros.com <mailto:j...@dickiebros.com>> wrote:

    Hello all, need some healthy practical advice on sprayer
    calibration.  Specifically air blast sprayers. For decades we have
    measured a block of trees to determine acreage, sprayed out tank
    and determined gallons per acre based on what area was covered in
    tank. For example trees planted at 8 x 18 spacing gave us 300
    trees to acre, we sprayed out tank, counted trees and determined
    that our sprayer puts out 2.5 acres per tank.  we used this  to
    determine amount of material to put in the tank etc. All the
    calibration formulas , I have seen require tree row volume(height
    x row spacing) to be part of equation.  I have 4-5 different
    spacings in 100 acres of orchard which makes it more of a headache
    to constantly figure gallons per acre and spray materials needed
    in each different block(thus the reason we simply measured trees
    per acre). I know my speed , i know my gallons per minute but
    can't find an equation that converts this to gallons per acre
    without tree row volume.

    need a simple but effective solution...any takers?

    in Virginia we have plums in full bloom, fantasia and red gold
    nectarines in pink and some open blooms, 21 degrees forecasted on
    friday and saturday night.

    God Bless,

    John Bruguiere

    Dickie Bros. Orchard