My understanding is that Cosmic Crisp will be an open variety in seven
years.

 Numbers we were quoted for "all in" establishment costs per acre was
$60,000 on a large planting. No land acquisition costs. Land prep, trees,
support, tractors, irrigation, machinery buildings and housing for H2A
labor included. I do not know if overhead towards packing facility was
factored in.

Mo Tougas
Tougas Family Farm llc

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Craig J. Kahlke <cj...@cornell.edu> wrote:

> David,
>

> Thanks for sharing this.  When WA decides on something, it’s full speed
> ahead.
>

> Craig
>

> Craig J. Kahlke
>
> Area Extension Educator
>
> Fruit Quality Management
>
> Team Leader
>
> Lake Ontario Fruit Program
>
> Cornell Cooperative Extension
>
> 4487 Lake Ave
>
> Lockport, NY 14094
>
> Cell: 585-735-5448 <(585)%20735-5448>
>
> Work: 716-433-8839, ext. 237 <(716)%20433-8839>
>
> Fax: 716-438-0275 <(716)%20438-0275>
>
> Email: cj...@cornell.edu
>
> http://lof.cce.cornell.edu/

Maurice Tougas