Good Morning,

I am a new apple grower. I expanded my orchard from 500 trees to 5000 trees
this spring. Most of the 4500 new trees I have just finished planting are
still dormant.

I am growing tall spindle on B9 and M9 root stocks on 5 wire trellis
system.

Many of the trees have feathers that are too big for the tall spindle
system.

Should I do a late pruning of these branches that are too big while the
plants are still dormant or wait till next winter?

The internet says conflicting things.  I think it would be smart to remove
branches so the trees dont waste a years growth.

I plan on notching these trees every 4th bud two weeks before full bloom.

--
Doug Nelson