My understanding Art is that several warm, very cloudy days result in
carbohydrate stress and therefore increases thinning. That said, assuming
that your soils are waterlogged due to several wet days bordering on being
snowy up there in Maine, the carb stress is not pronounced. I'm just
starting to see the effects of thinning sprays applied two weeks plus ago
as we've been staying in the 40s/50s too. So far thinning effect has been
what I would consider modest (except Honeycrisp which appear to be thinning
quite nicely!).Warm weather predicted for weekend will tell us more and
probably give you a good opportunity if your fruit is still in susceptible
range. My two cents.

Mo Tougas

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Smith, Timothy J <smit...@wsu.edu> wrote:

> Stressed trees tend to retain fruit, but waterlogging may tend to drop
> fruit.  I don’t know if this is what’s happening in your block.

Maurice Tougas
Tougas Family Farm
Northborough,MA 01532
508-450-0844