Nick, that's an excellent reply from Ernest that articulates many of the
considerations -

Without knowing more of your business plan (retail? wholesale? 60 day harvest
window? 3 varieties or 30 varieties? etc) it's impossible to make specific
recommendations - I worked for my family's orchard for several years, a retail
operation that grows many varieties, somewhat larger than your acreage - I'll
add a consideration from that perspective -

Have multiple rooms -

A small room attached to the sales area with two doors, one from the back, one
into the sales - both doors sized for a pallet jack - for a few weeks at the
start of the season it may be big enough -

A room common to the others where fruit comes in and can be staged for
grading/sales/processing/cider - this can be run at 50*, Honeycrisp and Mutsu
and similar varieties can be tempered there, hot fruit from the daily
picking/fruit for short term sales can reside there overnight and have the
field heat removed - apples from/to the grading and packing area can be staged
-

The cold room(s) held at 33* or whatever desired temperature - it's hard to
make this/these big enough to never wish it were bigger, but determine some
figure for the maximum number of boxes you expect to have full and the maximum
number of varieties at any one time and calculate the footprint and then double
it -

Do not ask me how a 30 acre orchard can afford such a facility - I do not know -

David Doud
I built a new 14' x15' X 9' walk-in off the sales floor this season and I like
it very much...