Claude, good observation on the oxidation. There is an apple called "Snow
Sweet" that is supposed to resist browning as well.  Thanks for the link to
your book, I just ordered a copy on Amazon. I look forward to reading it.
Here's my book, with little to say about apples, but what the heck...
http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Human-Freedom-Understanding-Self-Ownership/dp/0692205667/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402085345&sr=8-1&keywords=the+biology+of+human+freedom