From: apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.net
[mailto:apple-crop-boun...@virtualorchard.net] On Behalf Of BMH
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2015 11:01 AM
To: Apple-crop discussion list <apple-crop@virtualorchard.net>
Subject: Re: [apple-crop] New Holland vs. John Deere

Kurt,
    We don't have any of the vineyard series New Holland models, but we have 2
of the orchard profile models, both with super-steer.  One is an open station
and the other has a cab.
    We have found New Holland's equipment to be competitive with John Deere
equipment in terms of quality and peformance.  Some will like "green" better
than "blue" no matter what.  However, our New Holland equipment has served very
well and seems to be well-designed.  The New Holland cab is also more
comfortable than the cabs on other equipment, especially the Kubota models.  (I
don't want to knock Kubota, though, as they have the most fuel-efficient models
on the market.)
    These new tractors have a ton of electronics and the new emissions
regulations add yet another layer to the complexity of their designs.  There is
always danger of electronics failure with any brand, so having a dealership
nearby would be influential in a purchase decision, particularly if the price
is competitive.  Do parts come from a local warehouse or do they have to be
shipped from Europe?
    We also have a JD 5083EN set up with forklifts front and back and my son
says it's the best tractor we've even owned for that purpose.  He prefers the
shuttle on the JD to the New Holland, but both work well.
    In conclusion, I wouldn't fear the New Holland or the JD models you are
investigating.  But we've been pleased with "blue's" performance, for sure.
-Brad

Brad M. Hollabaugh

General Manager

Hollabaugh Bros., Inc.