I don't know how many of you guys know this, but Bill Fleming died last
October here in Corvallis, Montana. Bill was a super person, a good friend
and had a wealth of knowledge about apples, wheat and everything in
between. He was the farm manager at the Montana State University
experimental station in Corvallis. From what I understand, Bill had a blood
disease, had only a few days to live and took his own life.

If I had a question about a hay bailer or the depth to plant winter wheat
or what was causing the funny shaped leaves on my apples I turned to Bill
and got the answer in an instant. His death is a big loss.