Hi Art
  Plants respond to ambient temperature and unlike warm blooded animals do
not create their own.  So wind chill does not affect them.  Wind x
temperature could have an effect on moisture relations within the plant,
but I think that is not a major issue.  At least that's my understanding of
the situation.  I know growers who are convinced that wind chill affects
trees but that's not how I understand it.
- Glen

Glen Koehler
University of Maine Cooperative Extension
Pest Management Office
Voice:  Office 207-581-3882,   Cell  207-485-0918
491 College Avenue, Orono, ME  04473