LLS was out of favor here before I started spraying, but I do have some
references and dad used to talk about it -

from 1944 ‘Spray Chemicals’ - “The disadvantages are that liquid lime-sulfur is
very disagreeable to use owing to its causticity. Also this causticity is
blamed for subsequent foliage dwarfing, injury, loss of foliage, reduction in
rate of photosynthesis, and fruit russeting of apples…Young tender tissue
contains abundant oxygen, and these polysulfides immediately satisfy themselves
by taking the oxygen supply from the leaf tissue.  As a result, normal leaf
functions are temporarily disrupted and desiccation of marginal cells, or
"burning” takes place.  The leaves take on a “crinkled” appearance and rarely
develop normally.  This reaction also offers an explanation for sulfur
russeting during the pre-pink, pink, and petal fall stage of fruit formation…”

there is varietal variation in regard to susceptibility to LLS injury -

In your situation, I would be very conservative using LLS until the foliage has
a chance to dry and harden - at least one good sunny day of well above freezing
temps and no more freezing temperatures forecast  - but whadda I know?

I’m in about the same situation as you - sitting here at 1/2” green, a couple
of long wetting periods and 3”+ of rain at mostly cold temps but enough 50*+
hours to cause concern - two nights, one 24*, one 23* earlier this week and two
more forecast for saturday morning and sunday morning - the orchard is soaked
and soggy and there is still pruning brush in the way some places - not to
mention high winds for the last 4 days - and 30mph gusts today -

I’m not going to worry too much - after we get out of this weather pattern and
I can get thru the plantings I’ll get a protectant on and scout carefully after
symptoms have time to develop - I’ve conserved chemicals like Syllit, Topsin-M,
Rally, and the like and feel like if I need to I can knock out an infection if
one develops -

Dad used to talk about the year they got scab started at green tip and the
frustrating season long fight afterwards - it was before I was born and I don’t
recall specifically which year he mentioned, but it was a big deal - I think we
have some better options today to deal with that situation - at least I hope so
-

Good luck -
David