Hello Craig,

We looked real hard at New Holland vs. John Deere just this past
fall.seeking a new narrow orchard tractor that we could also use for blue
berries and brambles in addition to our high density apples.  I posed the
same question as you did to this group then.  For many multiple reasons we
landed on New Holland and purchased a new New Holland T4.75V four wheel
drive this past fall.  It has an overall width of 43", a great turn radius,
plenty of horse power, and despite its size a comfortable cab.  We have used
it hard since its arrival in November and it has performed very well thus
far.no regrets with this purchase at all.  We were lucky to find a Tier III
that our local dealer brought in from California.  The new Tier IV is out
now and our model has been replaced by a T4.80V.and is $10,000 more!  There
may still be a couple of Tier III's out there.  We had located three of our
tractor in California at the time of purchase.

When we looked Deere had just come out with its very newest narrow tractors
and they had one at the Great Lakes Expo that I reviewed in depth with their
factor rep.it was nice tractor and we have both a JD 5320N and a JD 5420N
and we like them both.but the new New Holland definitely our performs them
in terms of maneuverability, size, and operator comfort.

I hope that this helps Craig.give me a call if you want.  You know where to
find me!

Best,

Kurt

Kurt W. Alstede