From: Brett Porter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 3:54 PM
To: archiva-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: metadata -updater does not appear to be working!

On 09/04/2008, Jason Chaffee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I will file it today.  Is there any chance of getting it into a 1.0.2
>  release?

This is being released now, but there's no reason we can't get another
release together soon if there are high priority issues.

> I know that this is extremely important to us.  I would even
>  be willing to contribute to with some general guidance where in the
code
>  to get started?

Hmm, looking at [1] (updateMetadata for VersionReference) it appears
that it already does calculate the snapshot version. But the code that
calls it in [2] does include a timestamp check that then skips it. Can
you confirm whether the timestamp check is the problem?

- Brett

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/archiva/branches/archiva-1.0.x/archiva-base
/archiva-repository-layer/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiva/reposit
ory/metadata/MetadataTools.java?revision=642426&view=markup
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/archiva/branches/archiva-1.0.x/archiva-base
/archiva-consumers/archiva-core-consumers/src/main/java/org/apache/maven
/archiva/consumers/core/MetadataUpdaterConsumer.java?revision=642426&vie
w=markup

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/