You need a <repository> definition in the either pom.xml, or
settings.xml (under a profile), that uses the id "restricted".

See "Using Archiva as an additional repository" here:
http://maven.apache.org/archiva/docs/1.0.2/userguide/using-repository.html

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/