Just going back and clearing out my inbox.

I've been using Google Drive as an Ariel replacement. I have folders named for
the month. I upload the article to the appropriate month and then choose share
and enter the ILL e-mail address. I can type in a short message and the
recipient receives a link that allows them to download the item. There is no
password. Anyone with the link can download the file, so the borrowing library
can simply forward it to their patron.

When I want to delete all the uploaded documents. I simply wait till the 15th
of the following month and then go in and delete everything.

I'm sure there are some possible bugs, but so far I haven't run into any.

Linda

Linda Celet Bane
Interlibrary Loan (PWS/PWSA)
Mary F. Shipper Library/LRC
Potomac State College of WVU
Keyser, WV  26726-2697
phone: (304)788-6903
fax: (304)788-6946
Ariel: 157.182.165.30, psc_ar...@mail.wvu.edu
Odyssey: 157.182.165.30/ILL
E-mail: ill_...@mail.wvu.edu
>>> "Chapman, Patricia" <patricia.chap...@unco.edu> Wednesday, February 27,
>>> 2013 6:41 PM >>>
Alice,
We also like Ariel and for the same reasons. We have been trying for awhile to
make our Odyssey standalone work without too much success. We have tried
opening ports and re-installing, little luck. We have found Article Exchange to
work well for us, unless the borrower doesn't use it or know how to use it,
then we get resend requests (which is a drag).  I'd be interested to know what
other people are using as an Ariel replacement.  Ours is still working fine and
we have no replacement plans yet.  Who knows though if everyone quits using it
we'll need something else.
Patty Chapman

Patricia Chapman
University of Northern Colorado
James A. Michener Library ILL Lending  COV
501 20th St., CB 48
Greeley, CO  80639-0091
patricia.chap...@unco.edu

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly
endless."Mother Teresa