Dear ILL Colleagues:

Effective October 1, 2014 the National Library of Medicine (NLM) will
discontinue use of Ariel for delivery of interlibrary loan documents due to the
diminished number of libraries using Ariel and the increasing difficulty
troubleshooting Ariel transmittals.   We recommend email post- to-web (PDF) as
stated in our FAQ about NLM's ILL Delivery methods, here:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/services/doc_ill_nlm_pref_deliv.html

NLM will continue to deliver interlibrary loan documents by the following
methods:

. Email (PDF)
. Post-to-Web (PDF)
. Odyssey
. Fax
. Mail

If your library participates in DOCLINE, please select a new NLM Delivery
Method in the Borrowing Preferences section of the DOCLINE Options page of your
DOCLINE Institution record. The DOCLINE FAQ on how to do so is here:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/services/doc_routing_borrow.html.

If you currently receive ILL delivery from NLM via Ariel and you are not a
DOCLINE participant, please let us know your new preferred delivery method,
selected from the options above.  If you have any questions or wish to update
us on your delivery preference, you can contact us by email at
custs...@nlm.nih.gov or contact our ILL staff, Lalitha Kutty or Mary Wassum, at
301-496-5511.

Sincerely,

Interlibrary Loan Unit