[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > This of course presumes that the welfare state reduces homelessness
 > and starvation rather than encouraging it.

In politics the appearance is usually more important than the reality.

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/

---

While I, too, fully agree (statements and inuendos) ... I'd like to challenge the
Armchair list for objective data showing the welfare state reducing homelessness, or
increasing it, or not.

I don't think there are any good studies with good conclusions.

Tom Grey