In my informal experience, fathers and sons tend to work together full-time only in professions with strict licensing or training requirements.  Electricians, lawyers, realtors and even CPAs - I've found more father/son teams here than in any other type of job.  All of those jobs have fairly rigid prerequisites (electricians have to pass journeyman and master-level tests; lawyers have the bar and law school, etc).  Why is that?

Also - why is it more often "father/son," and not "mother/daughter" or "mother/son"?  Or "father/daughter"?

-JP

Do you Yahoo!?