Hi,

On Monday, January 19, 2015 at 3:42:59 PM UTC+2, Sam Padmanabhuni wrote:

> Dear AromaAffymetrix Team,
>
> First of all, thank you very much for such a detailed vignette on how to
> perform the CNV analysis.
>
> I am Sam, a PhD student in genetics, working on CNV analysis on data from
> CytoScan HD Array. I have read the vignette to do CRMAv2 and non-paired
> CBS. I have copied the commands and ran in R.
>
> But, I have few questions regarding CbsModel and GladModel in segmentation
> algorithm:
>
> 1. It is mentioned that, copy number states is not calculated in CbsModel
> segmentation. How do I get information of whether the segment is a loss or
> gain from output of CbsModel? I mean can this information be passed to
> other algorithms to estimate copy number state.

As far as I know, the out put of CBS is the relative copy number.  It does
not directly tell you the copy number states.

> 2. I have looked in to GLAD model and it is mentioned that it is developed
> for aCGH but my data is not from aCGH. Can it be still used to calculate
> copy number states for the data I am working on?

GLAD can calculate copy number states for affy-array, although I have not
used it before.

> 3. Also, do you have a vignette on how to run CRMAv2 and CBS on CytoScan
> HD array? This would be really helpful.

It is the same with other chiptype, prepare input as required (there is
vignette).

BTW, I am also working on CytoScan HD. What kind of analysis are you going
to do? Do you have paired samples or non-paired? Maybe we have something
common and we can discuss.

Br,
C.Y

> Thank you,