Hi again!

We are manually annotating a genome of around 13 Mbases. It's fine to load only
GFF3 files. But it's very slow to load the 2.5Gb .bam file of mapped RNA-Seq
data. The RNA-Seq is very important for us in manual annotation, so we would
very much like it to be loaded into Artemis as well as other GFF3 files of gene
calling evidences.

Do you have any suggestions of how to save memory?

I am also wondering if there is any way to examine only one scaffold at a time
in Artemis, which will certainly reduce memory usage.
Or is there any way to split the big .bam file into smaller chunks that Artemis
will still be happy with?

Thanks!

Feifei