Hi Astrid,

If you do not mind that this is not from the admins, do allow me to offer
my opinion on this. You can create a new entry (it should be called
"noname"), set it as default entry ("noname" on the entry list should now
be highlighted yellow) and then create your features (e.g. repeat region).
This will have all your new features created in the new entry. Finally you
can save the new entry as a GFF file.

(Entries in artemis sort of represent physical files on your hard disk) If
you do not have a default entry, artemis does not know where to create the
features in.

Good luck!

Regards,
Yealing