Hi Alex
Thanks for this. I downloaded your handy nucmer_coords2ACT_galaxy perl script from the Galaxy server and it works like a charm. Will sure cite it!

Regards
Abhinay

On 17/08/15 15:51, Bossers, Alex wrote:
Abhinay

We use MUMmer to generate those comparison files. Scripts available at our free
public galaxy instance (http://galaxy.wur.nl) can convert those for you to
readable files for ACT. Like WebACT does...
Look in the tool section WUR-tools::MUMmer/Artemis. You may find some more
handy things over there.
Cheers,

Alex

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: artemis-users-boun...@sanger.ac.uk
[mailto:artemis-users-boun...@sanger.ac.uk] Namens Abhinay
Verzonden: woensdag 12 augustus 2015 14:14
Aan: artemis-users@sanger.ac.uk
Onderwerp: [Artemis-users] Best way to produce the ACT crunch file?

Hi
What is the best way to generate a good comparison crunch file for ACT?
The manual is not very helpful. I tried using WebACT but I do not get any output from it.
MSPCrunch also did not work well. tblastx works well but the hits are fragmented. Do you
know of any tblastx parameters that I can tweak to get more "broad" hits. Also,
I want to compare two multi-FASTA files ( indexed by faidx) with associated gff files
(indexed by tabix), so is it possible to create a similar indexed crunch file between
them?

Thanks!
Regards
Abhinay Ramaprasad
PhD Candidate
Pathogen Genomics Laboratory (Dr. Arnab Pain) KAUST

--

This message and its contents, including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.