I cut the arts directory out of the kdelib-20010207 package and placed it
into the kdelibs 2.0.1 tree - with some minor editing - like not
includeing the libaudioIO and commenting out line 118 of
knotify/knotify.cpp I got it to compile.

If I run it from the konsole with artsd -F 7 -S 1024 -l 0 it runs (almost)
beutifly (needs some work on timings) - but will not run from kde start
up.

crashes with -

[artsd] ** Fatal error (exiting) ** cpu overload, aborting

I am running kde 2.0.1 ,X11 4.0 linux kernel 2.4.1 on a 686 100 Mhz
Now I know that its not the fastes machine - but if the program is so big
as to be a cpu hog - then its a little over the top!

I dont think thats right tho.

anyway the previous error does not appear.

regs MR E_T

  \   OOHH I hate TYPOS  \