>"He also clarified that the Asam Sahitya Sabha had not indulged in the recent controversy concerning the definition of the Assamese people"

>One would have thought that a body like the Sahitya Sabha would be the right body to define who is an Assamese if need be.

>an how about this one below?

I agree.  By refusing to indulge in the controversy of the definition of Assamese, Assam Sahitya Sabha has indeed declared to the world that it is a controversy for which it cannot offer any resolution.  Now this is a big issue I would say. ASS admitting that it is a issue like 'betonit poril ow, baxudebaye nomoh'.

This is winning point for Delhi who wants to take advantage of the controversy.

RB