I prefer Asterisk for my projects.

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Speed Boy <speedboy2...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi all, I'm new to VoIP, now we have a project that needs a
>  PBX with client APPs.
> In our team we have argument for choosing PBX. By so far, we
>  have following candidates:
>
> A: Open source
>
>      1) Asterisk PBX (http://www.asterisk.org) (with longest
>  history that almost every one knows it, now the last version using the
> PJSIP stack)
>      2) FreeSwitch (http://www.freeswitch.org) (A lot people
>  recommended it to us)
>

> B: Commercial
>
>     1) Vodia PBX (http://www.vodia.com). It comes from SNOM, now
> acquired by a HongKong company now
>     2) PortSIP PBX (http://www.portsip.com/portsip-pbx). It
> also includes VoIP SDK, WebRTC and offer rebranding app for free.
>
> My boss prefers the Open Source PBX since they are free, but
>  our CTO prefers the commercial editions, according to whom
> the business PBX has better support, and the performance is
> good, and easy to use - considering our team all are new to VoIP/PBX.

Hire a team with knowledge about VOIP, without your prefer if you use
Asterisk or whatever you want
You will win a brand new full responsibility with VOIP. The learning
process is long and hard. You will find a lot of problems like NAT,
intrusions. Consider learn before you pain this.

> We have did some searching of Asterisk, here are my questions:
>
> 1. Does the last Asterisk using PJSIP stack ?

Yes.

> 2. Does there has the comparison of PJSIP and reSIProcate, sofia(using by
> FreeSwicth) ?

did you google about this?

> 3. Is it easy to compile and setup Asterisk?

You need some skills but today is really simple.