Hello,

On 19.04.17 09:57, marek cervenka wrote:
> hi,
>
> what kernel version are you using for asterisk?
>
> are you satisfied with distro kernel (centos 6 2.6.32, centos 7 3.10,
> ...) ?
>
> are you using newer kernels from elrepo.org?
>
> which kernel features are most critical for Asterisk performance pattern?

I prefer to work with the standard kernel from the distro (using debian)
for security reasons, unless there is a team in the company with very
good kernel tuning knowledge. Probably one can squeeze some more
performances with a custom kernel build, but in long time that typically
becomes a maintenance nightmare.

If needed, you can instead aim for horizontal scaling by deploying a
farm of Asterisk systems with a sip proxy load balancer in front of it
(well, I could be a bit biased, because I do work mostly with the
kamailio sip proxy). Anyhow, to cut it straight, standard distro kernel
worked fine for the deployments I was involved in.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla