You can use func_odbc to do this.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Asterisk+Connected+to+MySQL+via+ODBC2

There is a good chapter in the Asterisk book about using ODBC for
hotdesking that may help you understand ODBC as well.

http://www.asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/getting_funky.html

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Atux Atux <atuxn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi. currently i am running the phonebook in astdb with
>

> *database put cidname 0123456789 "name_surname"*
> and i retrive it with
>

> *exten =>9876543210,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})})*
> Now, my system has mysql and i got all my contacts in there in a database
> is called *asterisk *and a table called *addressbook**. *password of the
> mysql is
>
> *whateverpasswd*
> how do i alter the above section of the extensions.conf code to query
> mysql everytime there is a call, please?
>

> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at: https://community.asterisk.
> org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein