From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 01:39 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Automatically dial a number, then an extension

On Tuesday 23 May 2017 at 19:20:25, Tech Support wrote:

Isn't it safe to assume that if you've been given an extension number to dial
after the initial call is answered, then it wasn't answered by an answering
machine?

The extension might be answered by an answering machine, I suppose, but that's
not the problem you're talking about (I think).

I would create two contexts:

1. Does AMD and gets called when there is no follow-on extension to dial

2. Dials a follow-on extension and doesn't do AMD (or at least, not at the
start)

Then you choose which context to place the call through depending on whether a
follow-on extension has been supplied for that customer's number or not.

> Simply placing the AMD command after the SendDTMF() wasn’t the answer

Why wasn't it the answer?  What happens or doesn't happen when you try this?