On Tuesday 23 May 2017 at 20:01:14, Tech Support wrote:

>     Ok, the purpose of the answering machine detection (AMD) is to
> determine when the audio file should start playing *after* the call has
> been picked up. Typically, if a call has been picked up by a person, they
> say a short greeting, for example "Hello, this is John, how can I help
> you?" or simply "Hello?" or something similar. If a call has been picked
> up by an answering machine, usually the message is somewhat longer, maybe
> 10 seconds or so, maybe longer. Ideally, the AMD tries to make sure that
> the audio file starts right after the greeting is over. It's not exact,
> but my experience is that it works fairly well. The problem that I am
> having is that when I also have to dial an extension, the call has already
> picked up and the AMD will start working immediately after the SendDTMF()
> even if dialing the extension means that it may ring anywhere from 5 - 20
> seconds plus the greeting on the far end. There doesn’t appear to be a way
> for the AMD to wait until extension gets picked up, either by a human or a
> machine. So what happens is that the AMD gets confused and the audio file
> starts playing while the extension is still ringing. I hope this helps.

Okay, so my suggestion still stands:

Create two contexts:

 - one which does AMD and gets called when there is no follow-on extension to
dial

 - another which dials a follow-on extension and doesn't do AMD (or at least,
not at the start)

Then you choose which context to place the call through depending on whether a
follow-on extension has been supplied for that customer's number or not - if
there's no follow-on extenstion, use the first context; if there is, use the
second one.

Antony.

--
BASIC is to computer languages what Roman numerals are to arithmetic.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.