I use a python AGI which pulls some info from a web service, which should
take half a second.

Sometimes, it takes 5-10 seconds which blocks the dialplan execution, but
the dialplan should continue immediately as it's not dependent on the
AGI/web service data.

What's the simplest, easiest quickest least-code way of firing off an AGI
with some variable, and then returning to the dialplan?

I've seen people talking about fastAGI, stasis, python ASYNC... all seems
rather complicated. I feel I must be missing something embarrassingly
obvious - isn't there just the equivalent of the unix shell's "&"?!

Thanks.

(I'm using pyst2 if it matters)