Hi,

I have just finished the installation of FC6 + mythtv on two boxes based
on Jarod's guide.
Trying to use ffmpeg results: ffmpeg: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined symbol: dlclose
on BOTH boxes.

The problem is the same as described in bug 1033: ldd shows that ffmpeg
misses libdl.so.2 (and a few other libraries).

I did the same things that the original poster (Thomas Boerkel) tried:
- run ldconfig
- remove and reinstall ffmpeg and all dependent packages

However, he managed to fix his installation by checking (rpm -V) all
packages providing libraries for ffmpeg and found that libx264 changed
since the installation.

I have no such luck - all the libraries that ffmpeg depends on verify OK
with rpm.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Laszlo