Ian , sent to me by mistake, Jeff

<mrsoar...@gmail.com> </div><div>Date:02/07/2015  18:45  (GMT+10:00)
<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net> </div><div>Subject: [Aus-soaring]
Replacement batteries for EPIRBs etc </div><div>
My & friends McMurdo fastfind was due for new battery  recently and I
located a firm Power Packed Batteries 96 princes hwy, Nairne,  SA 5252
phone 0883880669, sak...@bigpond.com (mob 0407645522). Prices vary but
should be less than $100 posted (mine were $70 ea)

You can send Peter Summers  (owner) the EPIRB  or he may ask for photo &
measurements &  will post to you.  There is a date label on batteries as
well as one for the case of EPIRB.

My old batteries were still 6.4v each so hardly needed replacement but it
is done for $11.50 each year!!

A friend set an old 243 off & along came the big careflight chopper.  My
friend who works for careflight said "good you have paid for our wages with
a call out of $5000 + $1500 kit up" as ASAR pay the bill.  Such callouts
are a think of the past these day with the new GPS BEACONS.

If you have not got one then they are on ebay for less that $300 delivered.
Registration is free naturally each 2 years.

Ian Mc Phee
0428847642
Box 657 Byron Bay NSW 2481