Sounds hideous...

-----Original Message-----
From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of emilis
prelgauskas
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July 2015 1:04 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Trailer for a long wing Kookaburra

I don't know where GLZ is these days.
When I owned it, it had an open trailer ex Southern Cross GC.
I then built an enclosed trailer which was sold on to the late Mike
Valentine and John Viney.

This trailer has (from memory) the tailplane in the roof, the outer wing
panels side by side with root ends in the front right corner (looking from
the rear open door), the fuselage with rudder at the front end diagonally
across the trailer, and the centre section against the left wall with
underside facing outward.
The centre section is in a cradle at the front trailer end in a rolling
frame, so that it can rotate horizontal once the centre section is clear of
the trailer rear with its door swung out of the way. The centre section is
at a height that clears the fuselage height rolling on the ground.
A stand holds the external end of the horizontal centre section.
This permits the fuselage to be rolled under, tilted away from the trailer
side as the external stand is removed and the centre section mated at this
somewhat inclined angle. Once rigged, this part airframe rolls aft away from
the trailer and the other lighter parts can be carried and rigged.