If you have one of our older B400 varios now is the time to have it upgraded to the latest firmware version and checked.

We'll do this and check it out for A$49.50 plus return postage. Best if you include self addressed Express Mail bag. The audio is more sensitive in the zero to +3 knot range and a volume control on the repeater is supported. Older repeaters can be modified for the necessary switch at extra cost.

Do pack in a cardboard box, not just wrapped in bubblewrap in the bag.

Of course you might like to replace it with a new B700 or B900. Basically the same vario with extra features such as digital averager in the face, total thermal rate of climb as well as 20 second average, "when to consider leaving" comparator lights and audio and "last chance" battery pack. No flasks and only one pneumatic connection. Logarithmic (B700) or linear (B900)scale.

If you are still using an antique technology mechanical vario as a standby you might consider joining the 21st Century and get the benefit of audio, averagers and simpler installation.

The first few B700's could use a new firmware load to prevent a potential problem when the instrument gets VERY hot (not a good idea to do this for many reasons) and on startup fails to establish communication between the internal processors due to one taking a little long to boot up. The new firmware keeps trying until comms are established.

If you have a B500 or B500b we can upgrade these to the definitive firmware version too and check the sensors for calibration.

These can also be turned into a B600/B800. Price depends on serial number. Contact us for estimate.

B600/B800 are in the current development path. We can upgrade to that or you should be able to do this yourself.

New build all have the inertial sensor package. Older can be upgraded to include this which is required for the Dynamis horizontal gust free total energy system.

We also do Flight Recorder calibrations and service EW Microrecorders. These do require a new battery every 3 years or so.

Mike

Borgelt Instruments - design & manufacture of quality soaring instrumentation since 1978
www.borgeltinstruments.com
tel:   07 4635 5784     overseas: int+61-7-4635 5784
mob: 042835 5784                :  int+61-42835 5784
P O Box 4607, Toowoomba East, QLD 4350, Australia