The maintenance schedules that come with the A/C have always seemed quite
adequate to me without this form 2 ‘thing’.

From: Peter Champness
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:40 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] New MOSP 3 250hr max Form 2 life

Thanks Justin,

I would like to see some justification for this change, or even better, see it
reversed.

>From my experience I can see no justification for such a change.

Lets put it to the test!  Or see the change REVERSED.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 8:11 PM, Justin Couch <jus...@vlc.com.au> wrote:

  In the most recent draft of MOSP 3 (19 June 2015), a new requirement has been
added in by the GFA. A form 2 now lasts only for the lesser of 250 hours, or 12
months (Section 11.3.2). Particularly for clubs with high use two seaters, this
is an extremely expensive burden. For example, at Southern Cross, this means
we'll be almost doubling our Form 2 inspections across the fleet in any given
12 month period. Our DG1000 will be probably subject to 3 most years.

  Is anyone aware of the rationale behind this change? Considering most of
these high use gliders are already subject to 100hrly and/or 3 month
inspections, it seems like an extremely expensive exercise that is will not
make us any safer. These gliders have been operating for years or decades with
a single yearly main checkup.

  --
  Justin Couch                                 http://www.vlc.com.au/