Now to combine the Rossi wing with the Mayman jetpack and get vertical takeoff and landing and wingborne flight.

I'd want a ballistic parachute too.

Mike

At 09:29 AM 11/11/2015, you wrote:
..blinds were closed during night flights in a super connie - so passenger would not freak out by the fire from the mufflers (if you can call them mufflers)

here is something else about jetpacks close to wingtips:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VPvKl6ezyc&list=FL2HgIG2OraGNOhz2DFLqeHw&index=1>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VPvKl6ezyc&list=FL2HgIG2OraGNOhz2DFLqeHw&index=1

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Mike Borgelt <<mailto:mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com>mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com> wrote: I ran into this when checking the AMT website a few days ago <http://www.amtjets.com/>www.amtjets.com

Then did a search and this article seems one of the better ones with some technical detail and photos.

<http://www.gizmag.com/jetpack-aviation-new-york-flight/40286/>http://www.gizmag.com/jetpack-aviation-new-york-flight/40286/

Made ABCÂ  news online this morning too.

What I found amazing as that I though his autostab and control system must be pretty good as it seems to fly so smoothly and steadily but as the article makes clear there isn't one. Astounding!

Those AMT Nike engines are 80 Kg thrust each and two, as on the jetpack, will happily launch the heaviest Open Class gliders with good single engine performance.

As is being shown by Yves Rossi and now David Mayman, the engines seem to be robust and give little operational trouble.

Mike

Borgelt Instruments - design & manufacture of quality soaring instrumentation since 1978
<http://www.borgeltinstruments.com/>www.borgeltinstruments.com
tel:Â Â  07 4635 5784Â Â Â Â Â overseas: int+61-7-4635 5784
mob: 042835 5784Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â  Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â :Â  int+61-42835 5784
P O Box 4607, Toowoomba East, QLD 4350, Australia

Borgelt Instruments - design & manufacture of quality soaring instrumentation since 1978
www.borgeltinstruments.com
tel:   07 4635 5784     overseas: int+61-7-4635 5784
mob: 042835 5784                :  int+61-42835 5784
P O Box 4607, Toowoomba East, QLD 4350, Australia