That's probably why you should actually read them. You would understand then
why the separation
between sea ice and land ice was so important. And the sea ice does fluctuate
seasonally. The
difference is the as the land ice melts and loses mass (and height), it tends
to spread out. The
more land ice that moves into the sea, the bigger the problem.

I often find that people are only interested in reading articles that support
their point of view. If
you had read the Australian position statement, you would see that they aren't
saying that we will
have a 6 metre rise. Their information predicts much lower.

T.