Well that’s the hope. The hope is that that the ecosystem can somehow rebalance
itself in spite of the extra greenhouse gases injected into the system. On the
other side of this is the fear that the amount of carbon in the atmosphere is
now so great that the carbon sinks can’t accommodate the amount that is
produced. We always have hope. Weighing up the probabilities, with all the
events that are occurring worldwide, I’d be inclined to err on the side of
caution and suggest that we need to do something to ensure that conditions
don’t become worse.

I note that Melbourne Water’s storages are dropping again. They show the graph
of water flows into the main supplies. There’s a note below that graph that
states:

“What does this graph show?
Annual inflows into Melbourne's 4 major reservoirs since 1913. While ups and
downs are a constant feature, the average has dropped rapidly by almost 40% in
the past 12 years. This included a devastating drop in 2006, which the CSIRO
had forecast could occur under a 'severe' climate change scenario in 2050.”

http://www.melbournewater.com.au/content/water_storages/water_report/water_report.asp