On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Steven Wathen
<swat...@sienaheights.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For some reason the Import - Fetch by chemical name function in Avogadro is
> not working today.  When I try I get en error message:  Specified molecule
> could not be loaded: toluene.sdf
>
> I takes a minute or two before this error message appears.

What version of Avogadro are you using, what platform is this on?

> I tried importing from the protein data bank and got the same type of message.
>
> Does anyone know what would cause this?  Is it on my end, or is the problem
> with the server that Avogadro fetches the structures from?

The upstream service looks like it is working, we should add some more
explicit messages to the code for when this fails as it can be a
little too mysterious. It could be your end if the service was blocked
for some reason.

Marcus