> The first problem, even it is not the most important problem (I guess),
> it is related with the imported files to the main script.
>
> I used the QTdesigner to generate "design.ui" file, then I converted it
> into design.py file to import it from my main python script application
> in an easier way. When I tried to do it in the extension it wasn't been
> imported, although I've put the file to be imported in the same folder.

Why don't you think it was imported? If it's in the same folder, it should
likely be imported.

> Is there a path problem (when I use "import design"), or is not possible

No, Python should search the same directory first, then other places.

> My example  of a GUI application (ExampleApp() from: class
> ExampleApp(QMainWindow, Ui_MainWindow): ) is really simple: a window
> with a list space and two buttons, one of them to close the GUI.

I don't think you want to run a separate QApplication. PyQt allows people to
easily construct their own apps. But here you're already running in a
QApplication - Avogadro.

> avogadro, the avogadro finishes... (and I don't know if it is because
> the program crashed or because the button with the option quit() inside
> the code)

Certainly if you call quit() it's going to quit the main Avogadro application -
it's sending that signal to the parent process.

Hope that helps,
-Geoff