Thanks much for the input. I also see that wxMacMolPlt [I'm on WIN10] reads
the file with no issues.
Avogadro starts by saying 'reading multi-molecule file' which is clearly
incorrect.
My need for Avogadro stems primarily from wanting to visualize NMR plots,
from GAMESS output. I have also used the free WebMO program but it has bugs
when calculating the NMR output versus a TMS reference.
Regards,
Tim