Man, you want to say, that you didn’t know about *Io classes in axapta? Shame on you. ;-)

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brandon George
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:43 AM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Somthing cool - IO

Hell All!

 I wanted to take the time to review a great class, that exists in Axapta - that for some reason there is not a lot of Documentation on. I guess they don't want us to know about this one! :-)

Class: Io extends Object

Run on: Called

Methods

finalize

new

read

status

write

writeExp

Properties

inFieldDelimiter

inRecordDelimiter

inRecordLength

outFieldDelimiter

outRecordDelimiter

Description

The Io classes are used to access external files. The basic Io class features no actual data I/O but works as base class for the format specific io classes. The methods common to all io classes are described here. For format specific features and behavior of the member functions, please refer to the documentation for each of the I/O classes.

Remarks

To support read and write of different formats of external files, MorphX features a range of different Io classes; CommaIo for comma separated files, Comma7Io for comma separated 7 bit files, BinaryIo for binary files and AsciiIo for plain text files.

See Also

Comma7Io, CommaIo, BinaryIo, AsciiIo

Anyway this is directly from the Documentation that exist in the System Documentation / Classes. It's great because now we have a way, or should I so, now I know of a way to process flat files, etc. without having to do it in C# (or some other language.)

The IO class exists, and then there are some classes that inherit from it which are listed in the the See Also section above. The one I am most intersted in is the ASCiiIO class. Well anyway, maybe this will help someone in the future know that there is Axapta Related Classes that help you use and work with IO. (ie: Text Files, CD Files, etc. etc.)

-Brandon