>> Split-horizon is *disabled* on interfaces of type "auto", so if you want
>> split-horizon, you should manually set the interface type.

> I'm not sure I get the meaning of "auto", then.  Does it mean babeld will
> auto-detect the interface type (whenever possible, using e.g. netlink to
> look for a wireless interface), or is it just a generic interface type
> with safe defaults?

Yeah, it's confusing.

"auto" means that babeld will attempt detection of a wireless
interface. If it's successful, it will be identical to "wireless".  If the
detection fails, the result is to be "wired" except for split horizon.

I guess I'll define a new type "conservative" which corresponds to what is
done if the interface is not detected as wireless.  Or do you have better
ideas?

-- Juliusz