On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<j...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
> I've just pushed some changes that could, in some edge cases, break your
> configuration files.  Since I'd like to release 1.8 before the end of the
> summer, I'll be grateful if you could test.
>
> First of all, the keyword "wired" is now deprecated (undocumented but
> supported for backwards compatibility), you should now say
>
>     interface eth0 type wired
>
> or
>
>     interface wlan0 type wireless
>
> Possibel types are "auto", "wired", "wireless" and "tunnel", where
> "tunnel" enables RTT-based cost estimation.
>
> Split-horizon is *disabled* on interfaces of type "auto", so if you want
> split-horizon, you should manually set the interface type.  I'm hesitating
> to enable link-quality estimation on auto interfaces -- it would avoid
> some wrong configurations, but it carries a significant cost.
>
> The second change is that setting max-rtt-penalty no longer enables
> timestamps.  This particular bit of DWIM is no longer necessary now the we
> have the tunnel interface type.

I would like a way to enable timestamping universally. I like
seeing/collecting the measured RTTs on the monitoring tools, and one
day hope to improve the RTT metric system to work on normal (well,
fq_codeled) paths. The cost of getting and sending the timestamp is
trivial.

> I'll be grateful for testing.  I'll also be grateful for any suggestions
> that make the interface configuration more automatic.
>
> -- Juliusz

Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org