Juliusz Chroboczek <j...@irif.fr> writes:

> I support (3).  Last time I spoke to him, Toke supported (4).  I am
> opposed to (2).  I can live with (1).

Well, I can see the point in retaining wildcard requests for speeding up
convergence when a new node joins a network. Don't recall expressing a
preference on this matter before, but on the other hand it's quite
likely that Juliusz remembers that better than me... ;)

However, if this (helping new nodes) is the only use case, to me the
simplest seems to be option (1), i.e., a wildcard request translates to
"give me all routes you have, regardless of extensions". That's dead
simple to implement, and I'm not convinced that "mixed networks" (where
nodes speak different extensions) are going to be common enough to
warrant the complexity of what is essentially an optimisation for that
one case (i.e., option (3)).

So I prefer (1), but can live with (3).

-Toke