-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of gareth rushgrove
Sent: 26 March 2007 14:06
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] Browser Stats

Thanks Kim

These are fab. Would be great if the BBC had somewhere where it
published this information on a regular basis?

While we're on the subject of browser testing, is anyone else using
Yahoo's Graded Browser Support method?

On 26/03/07, Kim Plowright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just for fun: the february data reworked to show the different
> flavours of IE at their appropriate % point. There's not much
> difference between Safari (all versions) and IE5.5 share. Again, I
> can't break out the different flavours of FF and Safari. Bear in mind
> this is % of PIs, not of users, so heavy consumption would skew these
> shares, and I'm willing to bet that FF users eat more internets than
IE 6 / 7 users, on average.

> Browser % share of PIs
> IE 6.0  48.29
> IE 7.0  25.15
> Mozilla-Firefox 11.59
> Unidentified    5.17
> Safari  2.87
> IE 5.5  2.55
> Cable   1.5
> Netscape        0.95
> IE 5.0  0.50
> Opera   0.37
> IE 4.0  0.29
> Pocket_PC       0.28
> KDDI-EZweb      0.28
> IE 5.2  0.08
> IE 5.1  0.05
> AOL     0.05
> Lynx    0.02
> IE 3.0  0.01
>
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe,
> please visit
> http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
> Unofficial list archive:

Gareth Rushgrove