Hi all,

I tried to solve this on bacula-users without success.

May this be a bug in 5.0.0 that the "setip" is not working as
expected?

Following test setup:

Director: lisa-dir
Client: bart-fd

bart-fd has changing IP-Adresses and DNS-Names.

I want the bconsole on bart-fd to be able to run the "setip" command
when connected to lisa-dir.

TWO different test configs:

1:
======================
I can access the director through a console on the client without
special ACL setting (first type of console):
http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0017180000000000000000
"The first console type is an anonymous or default console, which
has full privileges."

On lisa-dir Director (from bacula-dir.conf):
----
  Director {
    Name = lisa-dir
[...]
    Password = "password1"
  }
----

On the bart-fd client (from bconsole.conf):
----
  Director {
    Name = lisa-dir
[...]
    Password = "password1"
  }
----

from the client bart-fd:

Connecting to Director lisa:9101
1000 OK: lisa-dir Version: 5.0.0 (26 January 2010)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
[ all kinds of commands working, but: ]
*setip
Unauthorized command from this console.
*

Obviously this type does NOT have full privileges as stated in the
docs.
Intended begavior?

2:
======================
When setting this up with a "new-style" console setup it wont work
either. (third console type)
http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0017180000000000000000
"In addition, if the console name, provided on the Name =
directive, is the same as a Client name, that console is permitted
to use the SetIP command to change the Address directive in the
Director's client resource to the IP address of the Console."

from bacula-dir.conf on lisa-dir:
----
  Client {
    Name = bart-fd
    Address = bart
    FDPort = 9102
    Catalog = MyCatalog
    Password = "someotherpassword"
    File Retention = 12 months
    Job Retention = 12 months
    AutoPrune = yes
  }

  Console {
    Name = bart-fd    # <- name same as client name (Client { Name = bart-fd })
    Password = "password2"
    CommandACL = setip
  }
----

bconsole.conf on the client bart-fd:

----
  Console {
    Director = lisa-dir
    Name = bart-fd
    Password = "password2"
  }
----

Now I would expect any command denied BUT the setip command:

bart:# bconsole
Connecting to Director lisa:9101
1000 OK: lisa-dir Version: 5.0.0 (26 January 2010)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*setip
Unauthorized command from this console.
*status
status: is an invalid command.
*help
help: is an invalid command.
*

But "setip" is not accepted here although its set in the CommandACL.

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134