On , Siva Ranganath wrote:
Hi All,

please let me know few cases when we will go with Lists and tuples in
pyhton.

Lists are like vectors (since you're from a C++ background). They can expand/contract depending on data and are also heterogeneous meaning that all the elements needn't be of the same type. It's a flexible container for holding things. Lists are often iterated over (e.g. for i in all_documents) or indexed (e.g. students[5] to get the fifth student).

Tuples are more like C structures in that they're used to hold a few related things together. They have several behaviours similar to a list (can be indexed, iterated over etc.) but are not mutable (you can't add/remove elements from them). However, they're often used differently. They're used as C structs but without names for the fields. So, points in 2D space (x,y) are a good candidate for a tuple or maybe a colour in RGB colourspace denoted by (r,g,b).

For a more in depth discussion, you should look at the official python tutorial at https://docs.python.org/3.6/tutorial/