I agree. To block all attachments would be extreme.

One of the reasons I subscribe to this list is to keep track of job
postings. The occasional resume which gets replied to, is sometimes
analyzed for aesthetics (Hey, it is a competitive world, after all! ;) ).

The original posting politely mentioned '[Job]' and '[Commercial]' as part
of the subject. Surely it would not be too difficult to ask members to
ignore emails to which they have no interest?

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill ...

Yours,
Abraham V.