On 05/08/17, vijay kumar wrote:
> Hi All,
> As we discussed couple of months ago[0], PythonExpress project requires
> funding to take care of certain things.
>
> a) Keeping the tutor motivated and encouraged to conduct multiple workshops
> seems to be tough. Even though we take care of travel and accommodation
> with or without the help of colleges, we find short of tutors some times.
> IMO, we should provide a small token amount to tutors to show appreciation.

This is generally a good idea. But, it also depends on the number of
requests, amount, and total funding available.

> b) we should think of an option to provide college students certificates as
> a workshop without certificates is not welcomed as much by all colleges and
> students.
> I think that this can be resolved in 2 ways.
> 1. Request college to pay us if they need certificates - hard copy.
> 2. Generate soft copies of certificate (PDF) and share it with students
> once college uploads the student details.

Giving out certificates is a double edged sword. One way, it will get us
a lot more participations in the initial round of workshops in the
colleges every year. In the other way, that certification will not have
any value for job or for any company. It will at max prove that student
was in a place for few hours (or that can also be manipulated by the
person entering data from the college).

> Also,
> c) Conducting Intermediate level workshop for the students who has taken
> the the beginners level since we are not able to find tutors.

This is a good idea. Otherwise we will have a lot of people who knows
the syntax of the language, and used it for a few hours in their life
time.

Btw, is there any update on the syllabus work for the workshops?

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer